Tuesday, February 13, 2024

THIS...IS OSLO!

 Hei alle sammen!

NORWAY! I finally made it and it's hard to believe that I'm actually here now! So far I've learned that it is definitely colder here in Norway (which isn't a huge surprise haha) and that they don't use concrete for roads and sidewalks. So, when you shovel snow, you don't shovel till get to the ground,  you shovel till you get to solid ice.  And when you're walking on the sidewalk, some of the times you are walking on solid ice and trying not to fall . But it has been so fun here in Norway! My first area is right here in Oslo which has been very busy, but very fun. The language hasn't been too bad, I definitely have a lot to work on but I was able to bear my testimony on the Holy Ghost this week in a lesson. And I've been able to pick up on words people are saying, woot woot! Not quite sentences, but words so progress! My new companion is awesome! Hey name is Søster Bell and she also loves math so we've been getting along great!

This week my comp and I had a really cool experience with a girl that my comp found on Facebook. We were originally going to just meet up and get to know her. But, when we sat down with her, she just asked us about what we believe. She was so sweet and we ended up teaching her about the restoration and it was so cool! She wants to talk to us again and I just can't wait to see how it will go! 

I also just want to say really quick that the Lord knows you. I have seen so many tender mercies through the week that have helped me know that I am not alone and that He will never leave me. He wants to be part of our lives, we just need to let Him in. I know He loves us and I know that He lives.

Kia Kaha and just keep swimming!

Søster Twede









No comments:

Post a Comment